Who are we?
We are Covenant Christian Centre UK, a registered charity in England. Our charity registration number is 1162764. We are a ‘controller’ under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Whose data do we hold?
We may hold data about the following people:
- Members (present and former)
- Subscribers to our newsletter
What data will we collect?
Your personal data (any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally for example, name, address, phone number, email address) will be collected and used by us. We will only collect the personal data that we need. We may also collect information that is referred as being in a ‘special category’, in particular your religious belief or other beliefs of a similar nature, such as your faith.
We collect personal data in connection with specific activities such as registration or membership requests, donations, volunteering, etc. You can give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us (by phone, email or by joining as a member).
Your activities and involvement with us may result in personal data being created. This could include details of how you’ve helped us by volunteering or being involved with our services and activities. We will only collect information from you that is relevant to us.
Basis for processing
We process your personal data either because you have given us your consent to do so (this can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us with your request), or it is necessary for us to do so to perform our services to you; or it is in our legitimate interests to do so. We will not process your personal information unlawfully.
How will we use your data?
- To answer your inquiry by post, telephone, mobile phone or email.
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to respond more effectively to your requests and support needs).
- To establish and maintain your involvement with the Church, including providing you with regular correspondence.
- To register you for events and conferences.
- To send periodic promotional emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information about new events, services or other information which we believe may be of interest to you.
- To support you in your faith.
Who will we share your information with?
As a matter of conduct, we have very strict rules about who we can share your information with, and this is limited to selected people who need to know only for the purpose of assisting us in providing you with the services that are described above.
How long will we keep your information for?
We will normally keep your information throughout the period of our relationship with you, unless we are required to destroy the information by law or any other regulations that apply to us.
Transfers to third countries
We do not transfer your information outside United Kingdom under any circumstances or for any reason.
We will ensure that all the information that you provide to us is kept secure using appropriate technical measures
What rights do you have?
- You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights concerning automated decision-making and profiling
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us and advise us the right that you wish to exercise and we will deal with your request.